Here is a list of all the tools and resources I have used that helped me start this blog and keep this website running.
If you’re looking to start a blog, then you might find these products and services useful too.
Disclosure: This page contains affiliate links. Meaning, I get commissions – at no extra cost to you – for purchases made through these links. These are products and services I highly recommend and I won’t put anything in here that I haven’t verified and/or personally used.
- Launch Your Blog – Launch Your Blog is an online course created by Alex and Lauren from Create and Go. This course taught me everything I needed to learn to build and launch this blog. Learn more about this course.
- Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing – Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing is an online course created by Michelle from Making Sense of Cents. In this course, she shares her best tips and strategies on how to make money online through affiliate marketing. Learn more about this course.
Domain + Web Hosting
- Namecheap – Namecheap is a domain registrar where I purchased my domain name – aldwinzalameda.com.
- SiteGround – SiteGround is the web hosting platform I use to run this website. They’re fast, reliable, and provide excellent customer support. Sign up for web hosting here.
- Genesis Framework – This site runs on the Genesis Framework which enabled me to quickly build this website from scratch. Shop for themes here.
- Twenty Seven Pro – Twenty Seven Pro is a free child theme from Brian Gardner – founder of StudioPress. I installed this theme on top of the framework so I could safely customize this website.
- ConvertKit – ConvertKit is an email marketing software built by Nathan Barry for online creators. This is what I use to build an email list and send automated/broadcast emails. Try it for 14 days FREE.
- Genesis Simple Edits – Genesis Simple Edits allows me to easily modify the entire footer text on this website.
- Genesis eNews Extended – Genesis eNews Extended enables me to create an opt-in form that integrates into my email marketing software.
- Wordfence Security – Wordfence Security helps protect my site from hacks and malware.
- W3 Total Cache – W3 Total Cache is a performance optimization plugin that helps speed up my website.
- Google Analytics Dashboard – Google Analytics Dashboard by MonsterInsights connects your site to your Google Analytics account. This plugin allows me to monitor site traffic stats directly from the WordPress dashboard.
- Yoast SEO – Yoast SEO helps optimize my site with search engines. It also helps me write better content.
- Social Pug – Social Pug is a social sharing plugin. It provides my readers with a quick and easy way to share content on my site through social media.
- Anti-Spam – Anti-Spam automatically blocks spam comments.
- WP Forms Lite – WP Forms Lite is a drag-and-drop online form builder. I used this plugin to create a contact form so people can contact me through my website at any time.
- Pretty Link – Pretty Link lets you create short links. I mainly use this plugin to create and track affiliate links.
- Broken Link Checker – Broken Link Checker automatically checks for broken links on your site and notifies you when it finds one.
There you have it!
I will continue to update this page as I learn and try new things.