I created this page to list down all the tools and resources I use to build and run this blog.
If you’re looking to start a blog, you might find these products and services useful too.
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. Meaning, I may receive commissions – at no extra cost to you – for purchases made through these links. These are products and services I highly recommend and I won’t put anything in here that I haven’t verified and/or personally used.
- Launch Your Blog – Launch Your Blog is an online course created by Alex and Lauren from Create and Go where you can learn how to build and launch your blog with WordPress in one month or less. Learn more about this course.
- Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing – Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing is an online course created by Michelle from Making Sense of Cents. In this course, Michelle shares her best tips and strategies on how she went from $0 in affiliate income to over $50,000 per month. Learn more about this course.
Domain + Hosting
- Namecheap – Namecheap is an ICANN-Accredited domain registrar where I registered my domain – aldwinzalameda.com. Get your .com domain here.
- SiteGround – SiteGround is a web hosting company where this site is currently hosted. They’re fast, reliable, and provide better customer support. Get web hosting here.
Framework + Theme
- Genesis Framework – This site runs on the Genesis Framework which allowed me to easily build this website from scratch. Shop for themes here.
- Twenty Seven Pro – Twenty Seven Pro is a FREE minimalist theme created by Brian Gardner. This is the child theme I installed on top of the Genesis Framework that allows me to safely customize the design and layout of this website. Check out Twenty Seven Pro here.
- ConvertKit – ConvertKit is an email marketing software developed by Nathan Barry for professional bloggers. This is what I use to build an email list and send automated emails. Try it for FREE.
- Genesis Simple Edits – Genesis Simple Edits allows me to easily modify the entire footer text on this website.
- Wordfence Security – Wordfence Security helps protect my website from malwares and hacks.
- Anti-Spam – Anti-Spam helps block spam in comments automatically.
- Yoast SEO – Yoast SEO helps me write better content and optimize this website with search engines.
- Social Pug – Social Pug is a social sharing plugin that provides my readers with a quick and easy way to share content from this website.
- MonsterInsights – MonsterInsights connects to my Google Analytics account which allows me to monitor site traffic stats directly through the WordPress dashboard.
- WPForms Lite – WPForms Lite is an online form builder I used to create a simple contact form/page on this website.
- SG Optimizer – SG Optimizer came pre-installed through my web hosting provider to help optimize the performance of this website.
- WP Rocket – WP Rocket is a premium caching plugin I use to help speed up this website.
- Simple Social Icons – Simple Social Icons allows me to add social icons on the sidebar.
- Genesis eNews Extended – Genesis eNews Extended allows me to create an opt-in form on the sidebar and after entry area that is integrated to my email marketing platform.
- Pretty Links – Pretty Links allows me to create short links using my own domain name instead of using bit.ly or any other link shrinking services.
There you have it! I’ll continue to update this page as I learn new things.
Thanks for being here!