Go to Sharesies’ website and click Start investing now.
Click Sign up to get started.
Fill out the required details:
- About you
- Identity details
- Address details
- Tax residency
- Email – Enter a valid email address.
- Password – Provide a strong password for secure access.
- Confirm Password – Retype your password to confirm.
- Phone number – Enter your phone number.
- Preferred name – Enter your preferred name.
- Promo code – If you have a promo code, enter it here.
Select which ID you have:
- NZ driver license
- NZ passport
- Other ID
Then, provide details on your selected ID and consent to verify you.
Once your identity has been verified, click Onwards.
Enter your residential address and click Verify me.
If you’re a tax resident of another country outside New Zealand, click Yes.
Then, provide your Tax Information Number for that country.
Otherwise, select No.
You’re almost done! Click Next to see a few tips from Sharesies.
To get started:
- You need to top up your Sharesies wallet by bank transfer or with a credit or debit card.
- Pick from a range of investments and build a portfolio that’s right for you.
Other things you should know:
- There’s NO minimum investment.
- Your subscription is FREE for the first month. After that choose the subscription and payment method that works for you.
- You’re automatically set up to pay monthly from your wallet on your renewal date – you can change this at any time in Settings.
Things to avoid:
- No insider trading. This is when someone buys or sells investments using information that isn’t public. If you think you know something you shouldn’t, it’s illegal to act on it or encourage other people to.
- You’ll let the market decide and set fair and transparent prices. When you buy and sell investments you’ll let the market do its thing to decide the price and won’t manipulate it in any way. This will help make sure all investors are on a level playing field so there’s trust in the integrity of the market.
- Sharesies makes it easy to do the right thing. Sharesies monitor all activity on their platform to make sure you can’t accidentally disrupt the market. This means they might reject or cancel some orders. They can also report any suspicious activity to the NZX.
And that’s it!
Here’s what their platform looks like: