Once you’ve registered a domain name, the next thing you need to do in order to start a blog is to sign up for a web hosting account.
What is web hosting?
A web host or web hosting is a service that provides storage for your website files so it can be accessed through the internet.
If you don’t have a domain name yet, a hosting provider can also help you register one.
This website is hosted through SiteGround and I highly recommend them.
I personally use SiteGround and I wouldn’t suggest anything I haven’t tried and/or used.
I also use WordPress and WordPress.org recommends SiteGround.
What I love most about them is their customer support. Whenever I need assistance, they’re so quick to respond.
So, if you’re looking for a reliable and customer-focused web hosting provider, I recommend you check out SiteGround.
If you’re interested, I’m going to show you the steps on how to sign up for web hosting with SiteGround.
Let’s get started.
Select StartUp Plan
Go to SiteGround.com. Under Hosting, click Web Hosting.
Next, you will see three different hosting plans – StartUp, GrowBig, and GoGeek.
- StartUp – Good for 1 website. It costs $3.95 per month (minimum 12-month period).
- GrowBig – For unlimited websites. Has a bigger storage space compared to StartUp and includes Premium Features.
- GoGeek – Top tier plan for shared hosting. This includes all Essential, Premium, and Geeky Features.
If you’re just starting out, choose StartUp and click Get Plan.
Enter your domain name
After choosing a plan, you will be prompted to enter your domain.
If you haven’t purchased a domain name yet, you can register one here for $15.95 per year.
Or, grab a domain name from Namecheap for a much cheaper domain.
Now, if you already have a domain name, choose the second option and type in your domain name.
Then, click Proceed to continue.
Review and complete your order
You’re almost there! Just fill out the required fields.
- Account Information – This information will be used to access your hosting account.
- Client Information – Enter your personal information.
Next, scroll down a bit and enter your payment method.
Last but not least, confirm your purchase information.
- Plan – Be sure to select StartUp.
- Data Center – SiteGround has four data centers – Singapore, United Kingdom, USA, and Europe. Select the closest one to you.
- Period – Choose from 12, 24, or 36 months term.
To get the discounted price of $3.95 per month, you need to select at least the 12-month option.
If you want to save more in the long term, choose the 36-month period. Once the initial term is over, regular renewal prices apply.
Once you’re ready to purchase, check the box to accept the Terms of Service. Then, click Pay Now to complete your order.
And there you have it! You now have a web hosting account to start your blog.
If you purchased your domain name through SiteGround, you can then start installing WordPress.
Otherwise, you will need to connect your domain name with your hosting servers first and then install WordPress.
If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments below. And if you find this post useful, please share it so others can learn from it too.
Thanks for reading!