Here are the steps:
- Search for your domain name
- Confirm your order
- Create an account
- Review and complete your order
Step 1. Search for your domain name
Go to Namecheap’s website and click Get Started with a .com domain.
Next, enter the domain name you want to register and then click Search to see if it’s available.
If it’s not available, you will see an “X” mark and the word “TAKEN” next to it.
You can make an offer if you like but I wouldn’t recommend doing that. Just try another one and see what’s available.
If the domain is available, you will see a check mark and the cost to purchase that domain.
To continue, click Add to cart and then Checkout at the bottom.
Step 2. Confirm your order
On the Shopping Cart page, you can then select the term, enable privacy protection, and activate auto-renewal.
- Domain Registration – Select from 1 Year up to a maximum of 10 Years.
- WhoisGuard – This is a FREE privacy protection service that hides your personal info in the Public Whois database which keeps your data safe and helps to avoid spam.
Once you’re done, click Confirm Order.
If you have a Promo Code, make sure to apply it first before confirming your order.
Step 3. Create an account
After confirming your order, you will then be prompted to create an account with Namecheap.
If you already have an account, simply login to continue. Otherwise, fill out the required information to create your account.
- Username – Enter a username for the account.
- Password – Provide a strong password for secure access.
- Confirm Password – Retype the password to confirm.
- First Name – Enter your first name.
- Last Name – Enter your last name.
- Email Address – Provide a valid email address.
Once you’re done, click Create Account and Continue.
Step 4. Review and complete your order
After creating an account, you will then be taken back to your order details.
So, review your order carefully.
If you want to change your order, you can click Edit Cart to change or cancel your order.
To complete your order, enter your payment details and then click Pay Now.
That’s it! To view and manage your recently purchased domain, head to your dashboard, and then click Manage.