Here are the steps:
- Search for your domain name
- Select the term and enable WhoisGuard
- Create an account
- Review and complete your order
Step 1. Search for your domain name
Go to Namecheap’s website and click .COM.
Enter the name of the domain you want to register and click Search.
For example, aldwinzalameda.com.
If the domain is not available, you will see an X mark before it, the year it was registered, and an option to make an offer.
Just try another one and see what’s available.
Here’s another example, enteryourdomainname.com.
If the domain is available, you will see a checkmark next to it and the cost to purchase that domain.
To continue, click Add to Cart and then view your cart.
Step 2. Select the term and enable WhoisGuard
On the shopping cart page, select the number of years to register the domain and be sure to enable WhoisGuard.
- Domain Registration – Select from 1 Year up to a maximum of 10 Years.
- WhoisGuard – This is a FREE privacy protection service that hides your personal info in the public Whois database, keeps your data safe, and helps to avoid spam.
Once you’re done, click Confirm Order.
If you have a Promo Code, apply it first before confirming your order.
Step 3. Create an account
After confirming your order, you will then be prompted to Create an Account with Namecheap.
Fill out the required details:
- Username – Enter a username for the account.
- Password – Provide a strong password for secure access.
- Confirm Password – Retype the password to confirm.
- First Name – Enter your first name.
- Last Name – Enter your last name.
- Email Address – Provide a valid email address.
If you’re interested, you can also sign up for Namecheap’s newsletter and marketing emails.
If you already have an account, simply Sign in and Continue.
Step 4. Review and complete your order
After creating an account, review your order details and enter your payment information.
If you need to make some changes, click Edit Cart and then simply reconfirm your order.
Once you’re done, click Pay Now to register your domain.
That’s it! To view and manage your recently purchased domain, head over to the dashboard, and click Manage.