Here are the steps:
- Access cPanel
- Open WordPress Installer
- Configure Installation Settings
- Install WordPress
Login to your SiteGround account. Then, under the My Accounts tab, click Go to cPanel.
If you see a prompt about accessing cPanel securely, just click on Proceed to continue.
Open WordPress Installer
In cPanel, select WordPress Installer located in WordPress Tools.
You can also click on WordPress from the AutoInstallers section.
Then, you will see an overview of WordPress.
If you’re interested, you can browse through other available tabs to learn more about WordPress.
Click Install Now to continue.
Configure Installation Settings
Next, configure the following installation settings:
- Software Setup – Choose the software version and domain to install the software.
- Site Settings – Enter a name and a brief description of your website.
- Admin Account – Provide a username, password, and email for account access.
In Software Setup, choose the software version and domain to install the software.
- Version – Choose the version you want to install.
- Protocol – If your site has SSL, then choose the HTTPS protocol.
- Domain – Choose the domain to install the software.
- In Directory – Leave this empty.
In Site Settings, enter a name and a brief description of your website.
- Site Name – Enter a name for your website.
- Site Description – Provide a brief description of your website.
- Enable Multisite – Leave this empty. If ticked, this feature will enable the multisite option for your website.
In the Admin Account section, provide a username, password, and email for account access.
- Username – Enter a username for your account.
- Password – Provide a strong password for secure access.
- Email – Provide a valid email for administrative purposes.
For the rest of the settings, just leave them to default and skip.
- Language – Leave this to the default setting – English, unless you’re planning to blog using another language.
- Plugins – Skip this! You can install plugins later on through the dashboard after installing WordPress.
- Easy Setup – Skip this as well. This is a free plugin from SiteGround that allows you to easily install themes and plugins through a configuration wizard.
- Advanced Options – This is optional. If you want to change the database name, table prefix, and backup location, you can do it from here.
Once you’re done configuring the installation settings, click the Install button to start installing WordPress.
A progress bar will appear. Just wait for the installation to complete.
Once it’s done, a successful confirmation message will appear.
That’s it! You can now view your website by clicking the URL above.
You can also click on the Administrative URL to head straight to the dashboard.