Here are the steps:
- Access cPanel
- Open WordPress Installer
- Configure software installation
- Install WordPress
Step 1. Access cPanel
Log in to your SiteGround account. Under the Websites tab, click cPanel.
Step 2. Open WordPress Installer
In cPanel, select WordPress located in the AutoInstallers section.
Click Install or Install Now to continue.
Step 3. Configure software installation
Fill out the required details:
- Software Setup
- Site Settings
- Admin Account
- Version – Choose the latest version of WordPress.
- Protocol – If your site has SSL, then choose the HTTPS protocol.
- Domain – Choose the domain to install the software.
- Directory – Leave this empty.
- Name – Enter a name for your website.
- Description – Provide a brief description of your website.
- Enable Multisite – Leave this unchecked.
- Username – Enter a username for your account.
- Password – Provide a strong password for secure access.
- Email – Provide a valid email for admin purposes.
For the rest of the settings, skip or leave them to default settings.
- Language – Set to English by default.
- Plugin – Skip this! You can install plugins later through the dashboard after installing WordPress.
- Easy Setup – Skip this as well! This is just a wizard that helps to install themes and plugins.
- Advanced Options – If you want to change the database name and table prefix to be created for the installation, you can do it here. You can also change the backup location to be used while backing up this installation.
Step 4. Install WordPress
Once you’re done with the installation settings, click Install to start installing WordPress.
Wait for the installation to complete.
Once it’s done, you will see a successful confirmation message including links to your website.
To go straight to your WordPress dashboard, simply click the Administrative URL provided.