A few weeks back, I had decided to relaunch my blog.
Since I’ve already got a domain name – https://aldwinzalameda.com/ and a hosting account from SiteGround, all I had to do was to reinstall WordPress.
If you’re looking for a quick guide on how to install WordPress with SiteGround, this tutorial might help.
Step 1. Access cPanel.
Login to your SiteGround account. Under the My Accounts tab, click Go to cPanel.
If you get a prompt about accessing cPanel securely, just click on Proceed to continue.
Step 2. Select WordPress.
In cPanel Home, look for the AutoInstallers section and select WordPress.
Next, you’ll see a brief description of WordPress. Click Install or Install Now to continue.
Step 3. Install WordPress.
Here, you’ll have two options – Custom or Quick Install.
- Custom Install – This is the default option where you can customize the software installation settings such as site protocol, site identity, language, theme, database, and backup location.
- Quick Install – As the name suggests, this will install WordPress with default settings for express setup.
When I had WordPress installed, I selected Quick Install to keep the default installation settings.
In Choose Domain, make sure to select the correct domain name to install the software.
Then fill out the details for the Admin Account section.
- Username – Type in your preferred username for the account.
- Password – Provide a secure password to access the account.
- Email – Enter a valid email for administrative purposes.
Leave the rest and click Install to start installing WordPress.
Wait for the installation to complete. When it’s done, you’ll see a confirmation message like this below.
Click on the URL to view your site. Otherwise, click on the Administrative URL to go directly on your WordPress dashboard and start customizing your site.
That’s it! I hope you learned from this tutorial. If you have some questions, please feel free to drop me a comment below.
Thanks for reading!