This is the contact form I created for this website.
To create this form, I used a built-in template called Simple Contact Form from WPForms which is a free plugin for WordPress.
If you’re looking to create one, here are the steps:
- Install and Activate WPForms
- Create a Simple Contact Form
- Add a New Page
- Add the Contact Page to a Menu
- Test the Form
Install and Activate WPForms
On the WordPress dashboard, go to Plugins > Add New.
Search for the WPForms plugin and then click Install Now to download and install the plugin.
After installing the plugin, click Activate to start using the plugin.
Create a Simple Contact Form
You will now see a welcome message from WPForms.
To create a form, click Create Your First Form.
If you’re interested, you can either watch the video tutorial or read the full guide provided by WPForms.
In Setup, enter a name for the form – contact.
There are four built-in templates to choose from:
- Blank Form – This blank form allows you to create any type of form using the drag and drop builder.
- Simple Contact Form – This allows your users to contact you with this simple contact form. You can add and remove fields as needed.
- Newsletter Sign Up Form – This signup form allows you to add subscribers and grow your email list. You can also add and remove fields as needed.
- Suggest Form – This form allows you to ask users for suggestions. You can also add and remove fields as needed.
For this tutorial, select the Simple Contact Form template to continue.
Next, go to the Fields section.
Under Name > Format, select Simple from the dropdown menu.
Next, go to the Settings tab.
Here you can edit the default Confirmation Message written on the content box to your preference.
Once you’re done, hit the Save button at the top-right corner of the page to save the form.
Add a New Page
After creating the form, Add a New Page to your website.
On the WordPress editor, enter a title for the page – Contact and then add some heading or instructions to the form.
Then, click the Add block icon to add a widget.
Search for and select WPForms. Then, select the contact form – contact – you’ve just created.
Once you’re done, hit Publish. Then, click View Page to see the newly created Contact Page.
Add the Contact Page to a Menu
After publishing the Contact Page, add it to a navigation menu so that people can easily find it and be able to get in touch with you.
On the WordPress menu bar, go to Customize > Menus and then add the contact page to a menu.
Once you’re done, click Publish to apply and save changes.
Test the contact form
To make sure that the contact form/page is working properly, test out the form yourself.
Enter the following information:
- Name – Enter your name.
- Email – Provide a valid email.
- Comment or Message – Type in your comment or message.
Then, click Submit to continue.
After submitting the form, you will then see the confirmation message you’ve set up earlier (WPForms > Settings > Confirmation).
Check your admin email to confirm.
To change the default notification email, go to WPForms > Settings > Notifications > Send to Email Address option.
That’s it! If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments below.
Thanks for reading!