Go to Cloudways and click Get Started Free.
Fill out the required information and click Start Free to sign up.
After signing up with Cloudways, check your email and activate your account.
Once activated, continue to set up your server and install WordPress.
For Application and Server Details:
- WordPress – Select the latest version of WordPress.
- App – Enter a name for your application.
- Server – Enter a name for your server.
- Project – Enter a name for your project.
- Server – Select Vultr – High Frequency for better performance and value.
And for the Size and Location:
- Size – Choose 1GB for now. You can always upgrade later if you need to.
- Location – Select a server location closest to your target audience.
Note: This setup will cost US$13 per month. You won’t be charged during the trial period (3 days).
Once you’re done, click Launch Now to start adding the server and to install WordPress.
This should only take a few minutes.
Next, point your domain to your web app and install an SSL certificate to take your website live.
To do this, go to Application Management > Domain Management.
Enter your domain name and click Save Changes.
Then, log in to your Namecheap account and update your DNS records. You can do this through the Dashboard > Domain List > Click Manage > Advanced DNS.
Under Host Records, click Add New Record and add the following:
- A Record – This is your Public IP address. You can find this under Application Management > Access Details from your Cloudways account.
- CNAME Record – This is your domain name.
Note: To check if the DNS is propagating, visit whatsmydns.net and search for your domain name.
Lastly, install a free SSL certificate using Let’s Encrypt through Application Management > SSL Certificate.
This will add the lock symbol and HTTPS to secure data across your website.
Click Save Changes and be sure to Enable auto-renewal.
That’s it! Your website should be live right now.
To access your WordPress dashboard, enter the URL https://aldwinzalameda.com/wp-admin/ on your browser.
You can find your access details under Application Management > Access Details.